About Krystal Bio:
At Krystal Biotech, Inc., we bring together the brightest and most eager minds to relentlessly pursue the discovery, development and commercialization of gene delivery medicines for patients with serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Founded in 2016, Krystal is a leader in gene therapy. Krystal received U.S. FDA approval for the first-ever redosable gene therapy treatment, VYJUVEK™, for the treatment of Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Krystal continues to leverage our proprietary platform to develop new treatments across a robust clinical pipeline. Located near Krystal’s headquarters are two state-of-the-art GMP facilities.
Krystal Biotech is based in Pittsburgh, PA which is home to our two state-of-the-art GMP facilities. Additional offices are situated in Boston, MA and in Zug, Switzerland.
Join us on our journey to implement our mission to identify, develop and deliver genetic medicines to patents!
Job Description Summary:
Krystal Biotech, Inc is seeking a highly motivated Purchasing Associate to support procurement activities for a wide variety of GMP materials, capital goods, and services. This is a dynamic position that will operate cross-functionally across several departments.
- Reviewing purchase orders to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to company policies.
- Working with suppliers to develop new products or improve existing products to meet customer needs.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers and ensuring that they meet company standards for cost effectiveness.
- Managing the purchasing cycle, including creating purchase orders and negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Working with internal departments to obtain necessary information about products, suppliers, or markets for analysis.
- Providing technical knowledge about materials, products, manufacturing processes, and other industry-specific knowledge for use in negotiations with suppliers
- Reviewing bids from potential suppliers and selecting a supplier based on criteria such as price, quality, and reliability of service.
- Coordinating with finance staff to ensure that invoices are paid promptly
- Reviewing supplier performance to ensure that quality standards are being met and problems are addressed quickly
Experience and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of relevant experience in industry setting, preferably in biotech/pharma
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement process
- Working knowledge of sourcing software and ERP systems
- Highly organized and detail oriented, while also demonstrating the ability to synthesize information and demonstrate strategic thinking
- A demonstrated self-starter who is highly motivated and able to address changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Krystal Biotech, Inc.