Patient Access Liaison (PAL)-Southern Territory
Patient Access Liaison (PAL)-Southern Territory
About Krystal Bio:
At Krystal Biotech, Inc., we bring together the brightest and most eager minds to relentlessly pursue the discovery, development and delivery of transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Founded in 2016, the Company is the leader in redosable gene therapy with prominent commercial, clinical and pre-clinical stage programs for dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, TGM1-deficient ARCI, Netherton Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and is advancing research to apply our technology to these and other diseases. The Company’s innovation is fueled by visionary leadership within an entrepreneurial organizational structure with a robust pipeline of investigational medicine.
Our US headquarters is in Pittsburgh, PA with other offices located in Boston, MA and in Zug, Switzerland. For more information about the Company’s platform, commitment to patients and pipeline, please visit http://www.krystalbio.com and engage with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We have an exciting journey ahead and a tremendous opportunity for growth, and now is the time to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our patients!
Job Description Summary:
The Patient Access Liaison (PAL) is a field-based position that will provide product reimbursement, distribution, logistical, and other non-medical educational assistance to patients/caregivers as well as HCP office and site of care staff. The PAL will work with the patient and their health care providers to educate on the requirements to gain access to therapy including information specific to prior authorization and appeals. The PAL will also work to maintain relationships with the patients and the office staff to support ongoing compliance with prescribed therapy, including as needed collaboration with specialty pharmacy and distributors.
The PAL is a highly visible position and will have an assigned geographic region and requires strong team work to provide exceptional customer service to patients, caregivers, HCP staff as well as internal cross-functional teams. The Patient Access Liaisons (PAL) must have experience in rare diseases including strong knowledge of reimbursement and distribution for buy & bill/medical benefit covered products.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support patients with accessing treatment by educating the patient & office staff about payer access & insurance processes, including specific payer requirements for authorization.
- Assist patients & office staff with finding site of care options closer to their home and options for home dosing.
- Ability to navigate office and SOC staff to identify the appropriate personnel who supports the patient with coverage and access needs.
- Provide education on affordability assistance options including copay assistance, patient assistance programs (PAP), and other alternative options
- Provide non-medical, educational support including what to expect when initiating therapy.
- Prepare patients and help coordinate the next appointment and treatment.
- Develop trusted relationships with patients and caregivers by engaging via phone, text, email, virtual or in person connections
- Follow a planned educational and support program to support patients on therapy to optimize adherence to the prescribed therapy.
- Provide proactive education to large centers, community prescribers and sites of care, product procurement options and associated billing and coding requirements for product and professional services.
- Work compliantly within the Krystal patient CRM/Workflow system to document case progress, complete assigned tasks, and overall case management functions with PAL responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills Desired:
- BS/BA degree required
- Bilingual with Spanish fluency
- 5+ years of experience (Field-Based Preferred) in patient services, field reimbursement, biopharma sales or account management required with a minimum of 1 year working directly with patients/families providing education and access support.
- Scientific background and ability to learn product and disease information.
- Orphan or Rare disease experience working directly with patients/caregivers
- Familiarity with HIPAA guidelines and FDA regulations.
- Ability to travel between 30%-50%
- Ability to handle difficult patient cases and resolve hurdles.
- Ability to work in team environment and manage communication and provide appropriate leadership with internal team members, specialty pharmacy partners, and field sales.
- Ability to respond immediately when necessary (within 24 hours) to prevent lapses in treatment
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com and/or Healthcloud preferred for patient services and case management workflow preferred.
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Krystal Biotech, Inc.