About Krystal Bio:
At Krystal Biotech, Inc., we bring together the brightest and most eager minds to relentlessly pursue the discovery, development and commercialization of gene delivery medicines for patients with serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Founded in 2016, Krystal is a leader in gene therapy. Krystal received U.S. FDA approval for the first-ever redosable gene therapy treatment, VYJUVEK™, for the treatment of Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. Krystal continues to leverage our proprietary platform to develop new treatments across a robust clinical pipeline. Located near Krystal’s headquarters are two state-of-the-art GMP facilities.
Krystal Biotech is based in Pittsburgh, PA which is home to our two state-of-the-art GMP facilities. Additional offices are situated in Boston, MA and in Zug, Switzerland.
Join us on our journey to implement our mission to identify, develop and deliver genetic medicines to patents!
Job Description Summary:
Krystal Biotech, Inc is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager with global revenue and international accounting expertise to supervise, track, and evaluate day-to-day activities. The Accounting Manager responsibilities include establishing financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting information, including those specific to international markets.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, focusing on global revenue streams and international financial transactions.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements, ensuring they comply with international accounting standards.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles, both domestically and internationally.
- Coordinate quarter financial reviews and annual audits with a focus on international regulations and standards.
- Prepare the company to be in SOX compliance in assigned fields. Ensure all internal controls are in place, consistently operational, and accurately documented.
- Handle foreign exchange implications and revenue recognitions for global transactions.
- Maintain employee’s payroll profile, process payroll per payroll schedule and off cycle payrolls, including considerations for international staff.
- Reconcile the payroll and benefits liability accounts, addressing any payroll and benefits discrepancies.
- Facilitate the preparation and review of company income tax provisions, considering international tax implications.
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of company federal tax returns and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms, including those specific to international jurisdictions.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, local, and international income tax returns and other business-related filings.
Experience and Skills Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 7+ years of experience, with a significant portion dedicated to global revenue and international accounting.
- CPA certification with knowledge in domestic and international accounting standards.
- Proven working experience as an Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor, or Finance Manager.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Experience with ERP systems and their application in international contexts.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data, including foreign financial data.
- Proven knowledge of accounting, including International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations.
- High attention to detail and accuracy in a diverse and dynamic financial environment.
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Krystal Biotech, Inc.