Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant
About Krystal Bio:
At Krystal Biotech, Inc., we bring together the brightest and most eager minds to relentlessly pursue the discovery, development and delivery of transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Founded in 2016, the Company is the leader in redosable gene therapy with prominent clinical and pre-clinical stage programs for dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, TGM1-deficient ARCI, Netherton Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and is advancing research to apply our technology to these and other diseases. The Company’s innovation is fueled by visionary leadership within an entrepreneurial organizational structure with a robust pipeline of investigational medicine.
Our US headquarters is in Pittsburgh, PA with other offices located in Boston, MA and in Zug, Switzerland. For more information about the Company’s platform, commitment to patients and pipeline, please visit http://www.krystalbio.com and engage with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We have an exciting journey ahead and a tremendous opportunity for growth, and now is the time to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our patients!
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Senior Cost Accountant who will report to the Senior Manager, Operational Accounting. This newly created role in the organization will provide experienced cost accounting expertise for operations, supply chain, facilities, R&D and manufacturing for a fast-growing company.
This role will have a dynamic a range of responsibilities including: preparing and reviewing cost allocations, supporting the month-end reconciliation process, capitalization and subsequent recognition of cost of goods sold. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the supply chain department and have a detailed understanding of inventory movements across the supply chain. There will be a required understanding of analyzing transaction data for physical movement of inventory, time entry, operational activities such as production runs and other cost allocations
- Own accounting and reporting for inventory capitalization and recognition of cost of goods sold in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare journal entries to accurately capture costs including those affecting inventory, freight, overhead allocations, and manufacturing costs
- Responsible for reconciling movements of inventory from purchasing through manufacturing and distribution and recording related journal entries
- Identify and investigate account variances and prepare variance analyses to ensure accuracy of financial information
- Understand allocation methodology and underlying data (i.e. time entry, production runs) to classify costs accurately and allocate appropriately across products
- Demonstrate critical thinking to enhance existing manual processes driven by future growth and expansion
- Support project to design, test and implement current and future state requirements for capturing inventory and cost of goods sold in the Company’s ERP
- Complete journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation and variance analysis to support month-end general ledger close and quarterly SEC reporting processes and timelines
- Support SOX compliance policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent and minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Knowledge of GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX compliance requirements
- Previous cost accounting or equivalent experience required
- CPA, CMA, MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Usage of Microsoft Dynamics 365 or similar ERP preferred
- Understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel along with Microsoft Office suite platform
- Eager to learn and develop wide-ranging skills and process knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Krystal Biotech, Inc.