Director of Revenue Accounting (Remote/Boston)
Who we are:
At Krystal Biotech (NASDAQ: KRYS), we are driven by our mission to bring transformative, redosable gene therapies to underserved patient populations to make a meaningful difference in their lives.
We have developed a proprietary technology platform based on a differentiated viral vector that evades the immune system, enabling the development of redosable and non-invasive or minimally invasive gene therapies. We leverage our proprietary technology platform, deep understanding of biology, and in-house manufacturing capabilities to develop potentially life-changing therapies for patients with serious diseases, including rare diseases in skin, lung, and other areas.
We are dedicated to scientific innovation, operational excellence, and the belief that "nature operates in the shortest way possible" - Aristotle. There is clarity in purpose, a collective empathy driving us forward. Krystal was named after this clarity – a simple realization that we can do better.
You can learn more about Krystal Biotech, Inc. at www.krystalbio.com
Job Description Summary:
Krystal Biotech is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Director of Revenue Accounting to join our rapidly growing organization. This position will be responsible for ensuring revenue is recorded and reported in accordance with ASC 606 and will implement and lead the design of the full revenue cycle as the company prepares for the potential launch of its first product. This role requires technical competence and experience in product revenue accounting and analytics as well as experience evaluating contracts to determine relevant accounting treatment. The Director of Revenue Accounting will determine and document the accounting policies associated with the revenue cycle as well as design and implement the internal controls related to this process. It will work closely with various teams across our global organization, including Legal, CMC, Commercial Operations, Pricing, Market Access and SEC Reporting. This role will also be involved in revenue forecasting, as well as budgeting and analysis to support company planning.
Successful candidates desire a fast-paced environment and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams to design, implement and manage timely and accurate revenue reporting.
- Lead the team’s revenue recognition evaluation (ASC 606) relating to new product launches and related contracts
- Provide input into system integrations associated with the Order-to-Cash and Gross-to-Net processes
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual revenue close activities, including working closely with commercial business partners, and external consultants in developing key assumptions used in the Gross-to-Net model, revenue related account reconciliations, disclosures, internal controls and other reporting functions
- Ensure revenue and gross to net adjustments are recognized in accordance with ASC 606 and company policies
- Partner with SEC Reporting team to prepare revenue recognition disclosures supporting SEC filings
- Perform and document SOX internal controls over assigned areas to ensure effectiveness of controls over revenue transactions and reporting
- Liaise directly with internal and external auditors regarding revenue inquiries and provide relevant deliverables
- Support budgeting & forecasting process as the owner of the Gross-to-Net process and provide related variance explanations
- Build relationships with global accounting, finance and commercial organizations in support of financial reporting requirements
- Develop and lead projects as needed to provide data-driven insights on important strategic and financial decisions for the company
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and active CPA license required
- 7+ years of progressive experience in a pharmaceutical or life science revenue accounting or technical accounting role
- Combination of big 4 public accounting and industry experience highly desired
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of GAAP and industry regulations required
- Experience implementing and adhering to SOX controls
- Direct experience with ERP systems and related revenue systems and integrations
- Self-motivated, with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to take ownership of the entire revenue process
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Highly accountable for the results and outcome of responsibilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences
- Strong desire and ability to influence and drive initiatives
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Krystal Biotech, Inc. does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Krystal Biotech, Inc. will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Krystal Biotech, Inc.