Regional Gene Therapy Consultant - Southwest
This territory includes: Utah, Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico.
About Krystal Bio:
At Krystal Biotech, Inc., we bring together the brightest and most eager minds to relentlessly pursue the discovery, development and delivery of transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening genetic diseases. Founded in 2016, the Company is the leader in redosable gene therapy with prominent clinical and pre-clinical stage programs for dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa, TGM1-deficient ARCI, Netherton Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis, alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, and is advancing research to apply our technology to these and other diseases. The Company’s innovation is fueled by visionary leadership within an entrepreneurial organizational structure with a robust pipeline of investigational medicine.
Our US headquarters is in Pittsburgh, PA with other offices located in Boston, MA and in Zug, Switzerland. For more information about the Company’s platform, commitment to patients and pipeline, please visit http://www.krystalbio.com and engage with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We have an exciting journey ahead and a tremendous opportunity for growth, and now is the time to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our patients!
Job Description Summary:
The Regional Gene Therapy Consultant (RGTC) will be a self-starter, who places an extremely high value on accountability as it relates to themselves and the team. This person is an innovative sales professional who is very patient-centric and utilizes their role to build trust with both internal and external stakeholders. We have submitted our Biologics License Application (BLA) to the FDA seeking approval of B-VEC (beremagene geperpavec) for the treatment of patients with dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (DEB). B-VEC is an investigational non-invasive, topical gene therapy designed to treat DEB at the molecular level by providing the patient’s skin cells with two copies of the COL7A1 gene to make functional COL7 protein, thereby addressing the fundamental disease-causing mechanism. Upon FDA approval, the RGTC will be responsible for the successful launch of the first commercialized product for the company within their given territory. They will represent the “voice of the customer” with other members of the Krystal Team. They will also bring passion to the Dermatology Community as well as other specialties that diagnose, treat, and manage DEB.
We are looking for a creative sales professional who can work as an individual while contributing to the team and sharing ideas to facilitate a successful launch. Krystal employees are expected to embrace diversity and be able to work with internal and external partners from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate excellence in integrity and compliance with all interactions and adherence to corporate and industry guidelines. Krystal offers a fun, friendly and industry-competitive environment.
Our Gene Therapy Team is committed to improving the lives of patient with rare skin diseases. The Regional Gene Therapy Consultant is a key member of our customer-facing field organization and is responsible for partnering with key customers to address and identify needs, while compliantly educating key stakeholders about our product--which will potentially be the first therapy approved for DEB. This position reports directly to the Senior Area Director.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve/exceed sales goals in the assigned territory through promotion of B-VECTM to pediatric dermatologists and other key stakeholders involved in the diagnosis, management and treatment of DEB
- Drive patient identification through appropriate HCP driven strategies including market development, increase brand awareness through building and executing a territory strategy/account plan; continuously assess opportunities within markets and accounts to launch successfully
- Promote and educate healthcare professionals on the indication, usage, specifications, safety and efficacy of B-VECTM through meetings, presentations, and other appropriate means. Effectively prioritize and manage time, activities, and resources in order to optimize access to academic and community HCPs
- Build consultative sales relationships and maintain effective communication with key customers and prospects
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across all commercial departments including patient services, field reimbursement, and others to ensure access at site of care and that logistics are in place to administer medications
- Intelligently use and organize data to prioritize opportunities
- Develop and implement a strategic territory business plan to exceed goals
- Responsibly manage and utilize company resources, including IOE (in-office education) budget, company literature/marketing materials, and patient materials
- Foster teamwork and proactive, open communication, ensuring coordination of promotional efforts with peers
- Execute speaker programs, local sponsorships, displays and exhibits, both in and out of office across multiple account types: academic institutions, physician offices, infusion centers, and alternate site locations
- Demonstrate corporate values by adhering to corporate policies, guidelines and mission.
- Maintain and manage administrative requirements of managing a territory, including business planning, recording activities in CRM system, expense reporting and review of territory performance
- Attend company meetings and conferences (national, regional and local) as needed/assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills Desired:
- An unwavering patient-first mindset
- BS/BA degree required
- Minimum 7 years of pharmaceutical sales experience required; dermatology experience desired
- Minimum 3 years of rare disease sales experience required
- Product launch experience required; Start-up experience is desired
- Experience operating in complex reimbursement environments
- Thorough understanding of site of care identification, development and education
- Understanding and experience working with patient services required
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of sustained strong sales achievement, with a history of achieving and exceeding both sales targets and qualitative targets
- Experience driving, leading and delivering upon territory-level cross functional business planning
- Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills with strong interpersonal skills—both virtually and in-person
- Ability to network and develop strong professional relationships with institutions, academic medical centers and Key Opinion Leaders
- Must reside within the assigned territory
- Overnight travel will vary depending on territory size
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license
- If employed in the U.S., being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required. Fully vaccinated is defined as having the full dose (both shots for Pfizer & Moderna) plus any eligible boosters
The salary range for this position is $165,000-$190,000.
Krystal Biotech, Inc. is an Krystal Biotech, Inc.